Monday, March 1, 2010

We're Still Better Than You

So Canada won the Gold Medal. Well Whoop-Dee-Doo. A big collective sigh of relief by Canada. All of Canada is gloating about their big win against the US in the gold medal game yesterday. I'm not gonna hate on them by making excuses because from what I heard it was a great game. (I had to play my own game during the gold medal game so I couldn't watch. It was only one of the biggest games in recent memory, No big deal.)But I'll let Canada live it up for winning you know why? Because it's all they have! Name something else Canada is good at. Curling is all that comes to mind. Mike Myers, Jim Carrey and Shania Twain. That's about all Canada is good for. So let them have their glory. I'd like to compare it to the US winning the gold medal in basketball in the summer olympics. Like they should win. Everyone in America plays basketball, everyone in Canada plays hockey. Good job Canada for winning..err not blowing it. We're still better than Canada in the game of life.

A true Canadian.


Ahh Regency 202. Good times!


As I mentioned earlier, the Charlotte Checkers took a nice road trip out to Cincinnati, then on to Kalamazoo, Michigan for a 3 game road trip. The trip started out good as we won a good game in Cincy on friday night, then we unfortunately dropped two games to the Wings. Let me tell you, what a city! Beautiful! Anyway, it was great to grab some dinner with some good friends Tom Morrow and Brian McGuirk. Oh wait, no Guirky decided he had to go play with his dog instead of coming to dinner. What a great guy huh? We even made plans during warm ups, but I guess since he scored a goal in the game (illegally) he was too cool to meet up with an old friend. I enjoyed my company though. Tom and his lovely girlfriend Lauren made for great conversation, while enjoying a great meal.



A quick American Idol update. My girl Janelle Wheeler was given the boot. Unfortunate, but her performance looked like it belonged at T's Pub on a Tuesday night. My good buddy and big AI fan, Adam McQuaid was distraught over Janelle getting sent home after sending me a message displaying obvious signs of disgust. Just don't make fun of him or else he'll do this to you:



Anyway, I was very unimpressed by the last weeks performances. I hope this week the nerves will be calmed and some good performances will prevail!

I am going to see Darius Rucker and Kellie Pickler in concert this week. You're kidding yourself if you don't think I'm yelling "HOOOOOTIE!! PLAY LET HER CRY!!!" the whole time.


Hi-yah to this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment