Monday, February 22, 2010

USA!


Keep this playing while reading. It will make it seem more important!

Well I figured I would write up a quick blog cause there's a couple of things I wanted to write about and well I'm pretty bored.

Team USA beat Team Canada last night in a great game. It really came down to goaltending. Ryan Miller was unreal in net for the US, while Marty Brodeur was the opposite of unreal for Canada. Bad time for the best goalie in hockey history to take a dump in the net. I was excited for the win, but I'm not getting too excited as we haven't won anything yet. We still need to win a few more games to claim gold. Let's do it! (Canada picture courtesy of Barstool Sports)

Miller




Brodeur




Not to be sexist, so I am watching the women's team play right now also as we speak and they are putting a hurtin' on Team Sweden. Weird. Besides Canada I think every other country just asked a bunch of random girls if they wanted to play hockey in the olympics. Remember in the movie Little Giants. "Do you know how to play football? No "Do you want to play football?" No "Do you like football?" No. "Good you can play on our team." Anyway, some of these girls on US are pretty talented and have some good style. Some look pretty cute too through their cages. What? Maybe cause they are playing some seriously weak competition, but some of these girls have a bad case of dangleitis. Anyway the game right now is 7-1. One thing I don't like about the girls is that they continue to celebrate every goal, like Mike Eruzione just scored the game winner against the Soviets. No need for that, and no need to blow the air horn after scoring goal #7 in a 7-1 game.

In non hockey related news, I've been eating a lot of oranges lately. There's only one problem though, it's nearly impossible for me to peel an orange. Is this not one of the hardest things to do ever? Am I the only one? Like first it takes a few minutes to actually get a cut in the skin to start peeling. (I don't use a knife, I'm all natural). So then I stick my finger in there to start peeling and then piece, by piece, by piece....by piece it comes off. It literally comes off in like 100 little pieces. Why can't it just comes off all at once? Remember when you played soccer as a kid and at halftime you had orange slices. They were perfectly sliced, none of that crappy white stuff on the edges. I WANT THAT!! Maybe someone can give me some tips..

While I was in Hartford, one of the sports writers wrote an article about me which was pretty cool. Too bad I was sent back down to Charlotte, the day the article came out. Oh well. As they say any press is good press. So anyway, I'm back down in Charlotte now and went for lunch today and a good spot down here called JustFresh. Some good sandwiches. So I ordered a Santa Fe. Just a chicken sandwich with some works on it. Very tatsty. So I'm waiting for my sandwich and the chef yells out, "I got Santa Fe's, Chipwiches, frozen fruit bars, ice cold snicker, FUUDDGGEEEYYYWUDDGEEYY bars!" I started dying laughing. And if you're not from Long Island, or have never been to Robert Moses you have no idea what I am talking about, if you have though I'm sure you are laughing. It made my day.


Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. There are two tricks to peel an orange in one long thin curl. First, you have to choose oranges that are soft when you press on the peel. Otherwise, they are too dry or pithy to peel in few pieces. Second, you have to start from the flat end. Dig your nail into the peel about an inch from the center. You have to slide your finger gently underneath and progressively move it lower so there is always about 3/4-1" between the top of the peel and the bottom. Congrats on your goal last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohooo scoring goals, i like it! and are you serious about the JustFresh man??? is he from LI? i would have died...smart dude tho, its a great selling strategy

    ReplyDelete