Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's Upset City Baby!



I filled out my bracket this year with high hopes. I was writing in a few upsets here and there, picked some teams that aren't a high seed but usually do well in the big dance. My picks were just flowing off the pen and I felt like I had a winner. Then the games began and teams that I picked decided to take a huge dump on the tourney and use my bracket to wipe their behinds. The Big Least really let me down, especially after hearing all the ESPN analysts talk about how it was the greatest conference in the country this year. Guess Not. Hey Villanova, give me my money back cause you were godawful this year. I actually picked them to win the whole thing this year. They were a #2 seed and usually do well in the tourney. Boy I was way off! I'm rooting for Cornell to go all the way this year. I picked them to reach the sweet 16 and they did. And as usual, I would like Duke to go far. I just don't think they have the athletes to do it. Only time will tell! As much as I am upset that my teams S'd the bed in the tourney, it does make for an exciting March. I mean who doesn't really enjoy an upset. (Besides the guy who lost a buttload of money to their bookie) It will be interesting to see how the rest of the tourney plays out! Check back to see how I finish in our pool.

As my man Randy Jackson would say the Charlotte Checkers are hot baby! They have rattled off 7 straight wins and have gotten a total of 17 out of a possible 18 points in their last 9 games. With a tough road schedule out of the way, the Checkers are going to enjoy a nice 5 games at their home barn, then finish off the regular season with a nice trip to Florida for two games.(Just in time to catch some Red Sox-Twinkies spring training ball). Last time we were in Florida this is what we were looking at:





Tough Life, I know...
It should be a fun trip. With a few games in hand on the teams in front of us in the standings we have a shot at getting first in the conference. With the playoffs right around the corner I hope the Checkers are peaking at the right time. Especially since our owner promised us he would match our playoff bonus and said us all on vacation!! Count it!! Let's do it Checkers!
In not so awesome news, but not really that bad, I received my 4356322nd black eye over the weekend. Add that to a cut under my eye and the cut on my lip and I look pretty good. This time my left eye was the victim of a hard and high hit, while a reebok 7K got me good in the lip. Every person I see looks at me funny or asks if I won the fight. I wish I could tell them a cool story, but once again..I got nothing. I bruise like a peach!


Anyway with all this good weather, I'm not excited for the season to be over, but excited for summertime. I guess not many people aren't. It's not like you ever hear anyone say "Ughh, the weather is getting so nice, I'm dreading this upcoming summer, it's going to be miserable." That was dumb. Anyway until next time enjoy this classic! Ohh nooo, Ohh she's really hurt. I hope she's ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment