Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Live from New York It's....Tuesday Night!!

I am currently sitting at my parent's house in New York. There's a few things I always do when I get the chance to go home. It all has to do with food. I go to either Victor's or Rosa's Pizza. Best pizza ever hands down. Ever. I also go to Bagel Biz and get my sandwich. Turkey, American Cheese and Pickles on an Egg Bagel. I get a strange look every time I order it but I love it. No mayo or mustard, just plain. I used to go to "The Biz" after high school all the time with my old buddy James "Puggs" Maltese. Manmailer Eric Cohen used to work there and would sometimes give me the sandwich for the price of "on the house." I was there today and saw some St. Anthony's Friars enjoying some food and it brought back some good memories. (I'll get to more on good old St. Tony's later) The other thing I do is battle with myself to not eat sweets. Anyone that has been to my house is dumbfounded at the amount of dessert foods that are in the Schaeffer household. We have on average 4-5 cartons of ice cream, some Entenmann's cake, cookies and candy. That's just in the kitchen! Family room. Boom! box of chocolates. Computer area. Boom! M&Ms in a jar. Bathroom, BOOM Cupcakes. No I'm kidding about the bathroom, it's just more candy. During the holiday season, take everything and double it! It's bad.

Your average day at the Schaeffer House.



So back to St. Anthony's High School.
It was recently voted the best high school sports program in New York State. So because of that they decided to build this HUGE field house on the school grounds. They call it the Student Center cause it's not just all for sports, but for the Chorus, Band and Art Program. I finally was able to get a tour of it today and let me tell you I was blown away. But it is pretty much all for sports. I think I saw a trumpet, CHELLLOOOOOOO, music stand and a paintbrush and the rest was all athletic facilities. They also have a Physical Therapy clinic at the school! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! It was a top knotch facility too with an aqua treadmill. I've seen some D1 college programs with a lot worse facilities. Oh well, maybe I'm just jealous.


My colleague Kevin Kielt pointed out a gem for me online as our good friend Mr. Met John Curry was interviewed after practice with the Pittsburgh Penguins. The interview sounded great, but can someone get this kid a towel? He's got sweat all over the place, leaking on the microphones, rubbing it all over his face. Do they only give Sid the Kid a hand towel there? Act like you've been there before Johnny! Clean it up. Check it out on the Pittsburgh Penguins website under "GameDay Video." Hopefully it will still be up there.

As I mentioned earlier, Sean Sullivan was playing in the AHL all-star game tonight. Canada beat the PlanetUSA all-stars in a shootout. Final score 10-9. Sully finished with a respectable 2 SOGS. He's keeping all of his points for the regular season I guess. Can't blame him! Jack Parker was interviewed after the game saying he was upset about Sean's lack of desire, determination and will to win.

Also, after the first week of my blog I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words of support of my blog. Here are a few examples: (names may have been changed)

ALL AMERICAN LAXER: "WOW I LOVE YOUR BLOG"

CANADIAN IMMIGRANT: "Although I think your kind of a pickle for doing it ... great blog. Personally I kinda hope Jake Redlih's decides to start a blog after seeing yours."

SOGOODATDRINKING1: "I'm a regualr reader of your blog, even if you choose to discuss terrible reality tv shows"

MYFORMERNEIGHBOR: "Impressive blog. I have tremendous amounts of time on my hands and since i am to lazy to do anything besides golf i just wait to read something new of yours. Thanks for killing 5 minutes of my time."

CAMBRIDGE:"I was definitely expecting something different from your blog.. but I have to say.. nice work. I like the Jersey Shore shout out. P.S. I might be going on a Jersey Shore bar crawl... I will be sure to let you know how that one turns out."

It's these kind words that make me wake up in the morning wanting to make myself a better blogger.

2 comments:

  1. There's also usually a frozen sheet cake with buttercream icing in the basement fridge...literally EVERY room in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha this is so true...i was laughing thinking about it...its just funny that ur not even exaggerating...probably explains the chocolate forever in the corners of your mouth

    ReplyDelete