Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kickin' it in HartCity / Beanpot Time

What's up ya'll. As some of you may know, and some of you may not, I was called up to Hartford to play for the Wolfpack so I've been here for a few days now. Let me tell you, what a city! Just a lively and vibrant place to be. I tend to think of Hartford as that girl you call a "50 footer." She looks good from 50 feet, but once you get closer you realize she's not even close. Well that's kinda like Hartford. Coming off the highway it looks like a nice little city, but it's not close. Granted I've been in much worse places that's for sure, (Reading, PA, Binghamton, NY.Brutal.) but I was expecting a little bit more. Oh well, beggers can't be choosers. They do have a MOE's Southwest Grill, so I'm good. It is snowing today so maybe that doesn't help the mood.




(Curry was probably giving interviews or something cause he sucks)

So the first two Mondays in February are almost here and we all know what that means..BEANPOT TIME!!! I have been to the last 6 'pots, playing in 4 and then watching from the stands the last two, but I don't think I will make it this year. Which is kind of a sad day for me. Some of my greatest memories I don't remember in college were from the Beanpot. The great times at "Le Dugout" and 115 Baystate Road..Hold on a second. Give me a moment..Ok, I'm back. Sorry I had to get a Kleenex to wipe away some of these tears. Be Strong. OK so back to what I was saying, playing at BU we won 3 Beanpots and it was an unreal feeling. PLaying in front of 17,000 screaming fans with the bands going. Surreal. There is nothing that compares to that, especially not in pro hockey. The fans are not nearly intense or passionate about their teams.



Good interview, better hair..



As you can see from the videos it's quite an experience and we were lucky enough to win a few of them. The Beanpot can jumpstart the rest of the season, so hopefully this years Terriers can take home the 'pot and ride it with some W's till the end of the year.

Another good thing about the Beanpot is finding gems like this..




Peace, I'm outta here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment